The kids and I have enjoyed the past week in Canada at Mama and Papa Webster's house. We have missed Daddy and we're excited to see him again soon.
This was the first time I had done the driving by myself. The kids were terrific. We left about 11:00. We didn't stop until Pocatello, ID (almost 3 hours). After lunch eating lunch there, they made it to Butte (3 1/2 hours). We stopped at Wal-Mart and grabbed a couple of things and then headed for one more hour to Helena. We spent the night there. Luckily the hotel we were at had a swimming pool. It was a great way for the kids to burn some cooped up energy. The next morning we didn't stop until we got to the border (4 hours). I am VERY grateful for a built in DVD player and for kids that are entertained by watching movies. I hope the drive back goes just as well.
The kids were excited to get to Mama & Papas. We were pleasantly surprised at how quickly the kids (especially Lauren) warmed up to them. Lauren was always excited when Papa would come in the house. She would run and give him a big, long hug.
Grandpa Webster had about 350 calves to brand this weekend. The kids hung out with Aunt Cindy and Grandma while I got to help with the branding. Tyce came a little bit here and there. He was amazed to "see fire on a white calf." Uncle Curtis was even able to come and help by running the panel.
One tradition we had growing up (something my Dad did as a kid), was on Mother's Day we'd go up to Big Beaver Lake and pick wild Glacier Lilies. With the snow they've had this year the flowers were a couple of weeks late. (Lucky for us). Sunday afternoon we went and picked a bunch and took them to Grandma & Grandpa Webster's grave. Tyce and Lauren had fun throwing rocks in the lake.
Aunt Cindy thought it would be fun to have Tyce and Lauren finger paint with pudding. You can tell that they enjoyed it!
Yesterday afternoon it started pouring rain. (Luckily we had finished all the branding.) The kids had a lot of fun splashing in the puddles after feeding the cows with Papa.
We made a drive up to Waterton to see if the water levels were noticeably higher. Here's a picture of Cameron Falls. With all the snow pack in the mountains and rain the forecast, I suspect the falls will get even bigger before long.

2 comments:
I wish I'd known you were here!! I drove past yesterday (couldn't have stopped, as I had Mike's family in the van with us), but it would have been fun to see you! I'm glad you're having a good time. :)
it was a GREAT week Thanks for bring the kids and letting them make memories with us.
Post a Comment