This spring Kirk took a class about bee keeping and has decided to start up a couple of bee hives. We go through a lot of honey and Kirk's parents have a lot of fruit trees that need bees. Yesterday Kirk (and Tyce) set up the first hive with about 9000 bees. Kirk's mom made Tyce's bee outfit and we just had to buy the veil and gloves. (Thanks Grandma).
p.s. we anticipate having A LOT of honey this fall. If you are interested in buying some, let us know :)
 |
| Just holding 9000 bees! |
 |
| Like Father - Like Son? |
 |
| Setting up the hive. |
 |
| Lauren wanted in on the fun too. Unfortunately she wasn't allowed. She just pushed her stroller around instead. |
4 comments:
I'm sorry, but that gives me the creeps! I have a HUGE fear of bees and other stinging creatures. Mostly the However, I'm pretty sure I would love some honey this fall.
I don't think I've seen anything more adorable than a mini bee keeper outfit. Yay! I know someone who will have fresh honey for me to buy!
And you said you've had nothing going on lately! This looks like a fun day.
I am so jealous!! I would love to have bees!!! I was actually checking it out on the internet just the other day! Love the pics - thanks for sharing! I would be interested in honey! Wish you lived closer!!
Post a Comment