Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Tomato Update

Earlier this spring, we started about 500 pepper and heirloom tomato plants from seed. We then sold what we could and planted the rest. Between our garden and Terry & Sue's (Kirk's parents) garden, we planted about 60 tomato and 60 pepper plants. Earlier this week I was out picking the ripe tomatoes and was happy with what we found. I'd show you more, but I think it's time to go and make another batch of salsa!


This was taken on June 1st.

The tall plants- yep those are the tomato ones. They are taller than I am.


Garden Peach - the skin on it feels fuzzy like a peach.


Black Krim

Isis Candy Cherry

Here is a beautiful one. I think it's an Orange Strawberry variety. My friend Nicole took it home and took some pictures of it with some of her beautiful quilts. We sliced it up and enjoyed it for dinner. Wow! It was tasty!

No comments: